1. American Councils for International Education is currently accepting applications for Spring 2019 semester Eurasian Regional Language Program. The application deadline is October 15, 2018.
The American Councils Eurasian Regional Language Program provides graduate students, advanced undergraduates, working professionals, and scholars intensive individualized instruction in the languages spoken in Eurasia. Participants may choose from a wide range of regional languages, including: Armenian, Azeri, Bashkir, Buryat, Chechen, Dari, Farsi, Georgian, Kazakh, Kyrgyz, Pashto, Romanian, Tajiki, Tatar, Turkish, Ukrainian, Uzbek, and Yakut.
THE PROGRAM OFFERS…
- Comprehensive pre-departure orientation in Washington, D.C. as well as on-site orientation in each host city;
- Expert university faculty and classrooms of only 1 to 5 participants to maximize individual attention to each learner’s needs;
- 15-18 hours per week of in-class target language instruction in grammar, phonetics, conversation, culture and area studies;
- Housing with carefully-vetted host families;
- U.S. academic credit (administered through Bryn Mawr College);
- Conversation partners who assist U.S. students with language learning;
- Creative excursions that go beyond typical tourist destinations and offer students new insights into the host country life and culture.
Students admitted to the Eurasian Regional Language Program are eligible to receive financial support from a wide range of sources, including the U.S. Department of State (Title VIII), Boren, FLAS, and the American Councils Study Abroad Scholarship Fund.
*Additionally, American Councils is pleased to offer U.S. Department of Education Fulbright-Hays Group Projects Abroad (GPA) fellowships for advanced overseas Persian language study on the ERLP program. Fulbright-Hays fellowships are awarded on the basis of financial need and academic merit. Fellowship awards are made in the amount of $7,000 for semester programs.
APPLICATION & QUESTIONS
Prospective applicants should check the program website for more information and to access the online application. The application deadline for these programs is October 15, 2018. Please direct any questions regarding the application process to the AC Study Abroad Team (phone: 202-833-7522; email: email@example.com).